Keynote Presentation for Healthcare Professionals
In a powerful keynote speech specifically designed for healthcare providers, Patrick Mathieu offers a rare, intimate look at the patient perspective on the most difficult conversation that a medical professional has to have.
Spoiler Alert — Talking to Patients About Mortality
At the age of 18, Patrick was unexpectedly told:
“We hope you live to be 30.”
In a speech full of humour and earnestness, Patrick shares the story of that fateful meeting and takes the audience on the human journey that followed.
(And wait until you hear about his barcode tattoo.)
Who is this for?
This speech is designed for any healthcare professionals who interact with patients.
- Nurse Practitioners
- Nursing Students
- Social Workers
- Spiritual Health Practitioners
- Patient Care Assistants
- Medical Students
- Respiratory Therapists
- Child Life Therapists
- And others…
The audience will leave the presentation with:
A higher level of empathy with patients and their loved ones.
A greater understanding of the impacts (positive and negative) that every interaction can have.
A new approach towards discussing the topic of mortality.
and a deeper appreciation for the patient experience.
Here is a selection of Patrick’s past clients in the Healthcare sector
- Guelph General Hospital
- McMaster University Health Sciences
- University Health Network
- Toronto General Hospital
About the speaker
Patrick Mathieu is a graduate of McGill University and was the founding president of the Canadian Congenital Heart Alliance – Canada’s first patient advocacy group for Congenital Heart patients.
- He’s been a keynote speaker since 2003.
- His first book, What’s Your Expiry Date? Embrace Your Mortality – Live With Vitality was published as a hardcover in 2005 and released as an ebook in 2010.
- Patrick was featured in a full-length documentary film.
- He’s appeared on numerous TV and radio programs, including an hour-long interview with Dr. Oz on Oprah & Friends.
Fun fact – Patrick does amateur stand-up comedy in his home city of Montréal.
Book Patrick today for your next conference, meeting or event.